Spicy Mexicana® Cheeze Sticks
A crispy and delicious plant based snack with a spicy twist
Created by @bananasattiude
200g Mexicana® Vegan
128g Plain Flour
354ml Plant-based Milk
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
100 g Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Capers
64g Vegan Mayonnaise
32g Vegan Yoghurt (unsweetened)
1 tbsp Pickle Juice
1 tsp Salt
1 Pinch of Pepper
- Using a plastic bowl, mix together flour, plant-based milk, salt and apple cider vinegar until a thick texture is formed.
- Cut the Mexicana® Vegan block into even sticks and coat with batter and breadcrumbs.
- Dip the sticks into the breadcrumbs for a second coating.
- Heat up a pan with enough sunflower oil to cover at least 3-4cm from the bottom of it.
- Once the oil is hot, reduce the pan to medium heat and slowly deep fry cheeze sticks until golden brown.
- Remove the fried cheeze sticks and drain the excess oil before serving with the tartar sauce and french fries (optional).
- Finely chop the pickles and capers and transfer them into a bowl.
- Combine the vegan mayonnaise, vegan yoghurt, salt, pepper, pickle juice and mix.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Mexicana® Vegan 200g Slices are now available from Sainsbury’s and Waitrose stores