Really Cheezy Applewood® Vegan Arancini
Deliciously melting vegan arancini. A great starter or snack.
2 cloves of garlic
2 sticks of celery
250g risotto rice
1 tsp yeast extract
1 tbsp mustard
Veg stock pot/cube
Vegetable oil for the fryer
MAKES: 8-10 Balls
These arancini can be made with any left over risotto but here is my favourite basic recipe!
1. Finely dice an onion, celery and the garlic and slowly cook in olive oil until soft and translucent.
2. Once your onions are cooked add the in the rice and stir well until the rice starts to look translucent around the edges.
3. Add a stock cube, 1 tsp of yeast extract, 1 tbsp of mustard and a decent amount of black pepper and then slowly start adding hot water stirring frequently and adding more water once the rice has dried out.
4. Continue this process for approx. 25-30 mins until the rice is cooked. Let the cooked rice cool quickly (spread out in a tray) then refrigerate until needed.
5. To make the arancini mould the risotto around a cube of Applewood® Vegan, then coat in breadcrumbs (use panko breadcrumbs for extra crunch).
6. Deep fry at 180°C for 6-8mins until golden brown and hot all the way through.
7. Serve with a delicious Marinara tomato sauce or vegan pesto.
Available in Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Booths, The Vegan Kind Supermarket Online, AlternativeStores.com and Suma Wholefoods, as well as selected food service outlets.