Applewood® Vegan Cheezy Mushroom and Spinach Toastie
A quick and tasty plant based snack with a smoky edge.
Created by @The.vegan.lawyer
1 Pack of Applewood® Vegan Slices
1 Tablespoon Plant Based Butter
1 Handful of Spinach
10 Button Mushrooms
4 Slices of Wholemeal Bread
1 Garlic Clove
1 Sprinkle of Black Pepper
- Wash the mushrooms and finely chop the garlic. Spread a thin layer of plant based butter to each slice of bread.
- Heat the plant based butter in a pan until it has melted.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook.
- Once the mushrooms begin to soften, add the spinach and black pepper and continue until all ingredients have cooked.
- Add the heated mixture to the bread and add a slice of Applewood® Vegan before pressing another slice of bread on top to form the sandwich.
- Carefully toast the sandwich in the pan until the Applewood® Vegan has melted. Alternatively, you can use a sandwich toaster for the final step.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Available in Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Booths, The Vegan Kind Supermarket Online, AlternativeStores.com and Suma Wholefoods, as well as selected food service outlets.