Ilchester® Vegan Blue Pasta Bake
A plant based twist on an Italian classic!
• 1 large/2 small leeks (thinly sliced)
• 200g mushrooms (sliced)
• 150g Ilchester® Vegan Blue Cheeze
• 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
• 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
• 130g silken tofu
• 200ml oat milk or dairy free milk of choice
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• 280g rigatoni pasta
• 2 stalks of cavolo nero (cut into thin strips)
• 60g vegan bacon chunks (optional but recommended)
• 40g breadcrumbs
Begin by preheating the oven to 180c.
In a large ovenproof dish place 100g of the blue cheeze in the centre, then place the sliced leeks and mushrooms around the edges.
Drizzle the veg with oil and crushed garlic and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile cook the pasta as per instructions and once cooked drain it and rinse with cold water.
Grate the remaining 50g of cheeze.
Also meanwhile place the silken tofu, oat milk, salt and pepper and a pinch of grated blue cheeze into a blender and blend until smooth.
Once the veggies are cooked and cheeze melted take it out of the oven.
Give everything a mix in the dish and then add the cooked pasta, chopped cavolo nero, silken tofu sauce and bacon chunks.
Combine everything together and then top with the remaining grated cheeze and breadcrumbs.
Place the dish back into the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is nice and crispy. Enjoy!