Applewood® Vegan Smoky Mac and Cheeze
Creamy, smoky and delicious one pot vegan meal to bake for all to share.
200g grated Applewood® Vegan
1 litre of milk alternative
85g self-raising flour
1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
3 garlic cloves
1/2 bunch of thyme
1 shallot finely diced
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
1. Cook the macaroni pasta.
2. Heat up milk with thyme and garlic until boiling.
3. Pass it through a sieve to remove thyme and garlic.
4. Melt the margarine and add flour – making a roux.
5. Slowly add the milk and bring it back to the boil whisking it the whole time.
6. Fry the onion.
7. Take it off the heat and add half of the Applewood® Vegan, nutritional yeast, breadcrumbs, onion and season to taste.
8. Coat the macaroni in the sauce.
9. Sprinkle the rest of the Applewood® Vegan on top.
10. Cook in the oven at 180°C for 20 – 25 minutes until hot in the middle.
Available in Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Booths, The Vegan Kind Supermarket Online, AlternativeStores.com and Suma Wholefoods, as well as selected food service outlets.