Applewood® Vegan Lasagne
Delicious creamy vegan lasagne makes a warming meal to share!
1/2 cup lentils (100g)
50g Applewood® Vegan
1 stick of celery
Handful of fresh basil
250ml chopped tomato
75ml red wine
3 tbsp vegan butter
2 tbsp flour
500ml non-dairy milk (we use oat) warmed
Salt & pepper to taste
200-250g lasagne sheets
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
FOR LENTIL BOLOGNAISE:
1. Soak the lentils according to package directions.
2. Heat some oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion, celery and carrot (finely chopped). Add salt & pepper and basil to taste. Cook over medium heat, until golden brown.
3. Add the wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates. Add the tomato & lentils and simmer till lentils are soft. Approximately 1 hour.
FOR VEGAN BÉCHAMEL:
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until thickened and bubbling, but not browned (approx. 2 minutes).
2. Warm milk slightly and pour into the pan and continue to whisk until the sauce has thickened.
3. Add salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and grated Applewood® Vegan to the pan and stir to combine.
Layer the bolognaise in an oven proof pan with the lasagne sheets.
Top with béchamel sauce and top with lashings of Applewood® Vegan.
Bake in the oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
Check, and if the knife goes through easily it is ready to serve. Otherwise cook further.
Available in Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Booths, The Vegan Kind Supermarket Online, AlternativeStores.com and Suma Wholefoods, as well as selected food service outlets.