Applewood® Vegan Deluxe Burger
A delicious creamy topped vegan burger, great for BBQs!
400g can chickpeas
200g can sweet corn, ideally with mixed peppers
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 handful of fresh coriander, washed and chopped
3 tbs plain flour, plus a little extra for shaping
1/4 tsp salt
Oil for frying
4 of your favourite vegan burger buns
4 slices of Applewood® Vegan
Slices of tomato, salad leaves and relish
1. Drain the chickpeas and corn and tip both into a food processor, then pulse until they breakdown but there is still some coarse texture. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and saute the onion for 2-3 minutes before adding the garlic. Cook for another minute, and then add the spices and fry for one more minute.
3. Add the fried spice mix to the chickpeas and corn.
4. Add the fresh coriander, flour and salt to the mix everything together with a fork.
5. Divide the burger mix into 4 equal portions and, using floured hands and on a lightly floured board, shape each into burgers approximately 8-9cm in diameter and 2cm thick.
6. Place the burgers onto a plate, cover with clingfilm and chill for at least 20 minutes.
7. When you’re ready to serve, heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and piping hot.
8. Place the burgers onto the bottom of the buns, top with Applewood® Vegan slices, tomato, salad and relish.